Tuesday, October 13, 2009

(500) days of summer

Just getting away from music for a second, I recently saw "(500) Days of summer" with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Dreshanel.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt I was familiar with from a few years back when he started to get some serious indie cred for 'Brick' & 'Mysterious skin', neither of which particularly moved me, although he was watchable. Before that of course he was 'that kid from 3rd Rock'. Zooey Dreshenal I knew from that Jim Carrey movie 'Yes man' and some other roles that I don't remember, but she always seemed charming with her own kind of allure.

Gotta admit, I loved the movie. Both the leads were very watchable & I could definately identify with JG-L's character as he fell for the unreachable Summer (ZD). It was heartbreaking watching the car crash of their relationship unfold but at the same time real moments of sweetness as they fell for each other. Would definately recommend & I'm sure it'll end up in my movie collection once it hits the stores.

1 comment:

Crafty Tuesday said...

Not unless I buy it first :-)