Thursday, August 25, 2011

Update - 25 Aug 2011

I've started to think about my next show. I was hoping to put together a Pisces gig as well as a smaller solo show. I was eyeing up a fund raiser for the Pisces gig for Pablo's, the outsider art studio. For those not in Wellington it's an art studio for people with mental health issues. It gives them somewhere to go once they get back out in the community, but as with most community based programmes it runs on the smell of an oily rag. Anyway, Mike, my drummer, is still not interested in gigging so the only show I'll be doing before Christmas is another solo show. Which isn't such a bad thing. Ultimately this is my thing, my goals and my future. I can't expect other people to be so passionate about my music as I am so being forced to do solo show's means I'm learning to put show's together with only me in mind. This means a completely different type of set to a band show, with songs specifically written for solo performing.. Anyway, I'm down to just the solo show but I'll make the most of it. I've asked Carly to do a full set, which she's keen on & I've approached the poet I met to open the show. Now I need to find a venue. I'm looking for a smaller show than the Meow one, somewhere that only holds 50-70 people. I want to sell it out and put on a really quiet intimate show. My set I just want to be relaxed and enjoy myself. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself for this show, I want it to be fun. I'd like to get a couple of new tunes to play so will write with that style of show in mind. I'd really like to justsit down with my guitar and play for an hour and put on a really entertaining, engaging set. that's my goal for this show.
Other things to do:
The Pisces EP artwork needs to get completed. I've got days off in September so I'll try to get it done then.
The Pisces LP needs to get finished. Nearly two years on since the first recording and it feels like I'm still miles away from finishing this record... Damn!

No comments: