Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fallen

Recording is coming along, slowly but surely. I'm getting all the guitar & vocal work done a bit at a time, it's rough but the essence of the tracks is being captured. The latest we've worked on is 'Fallen', the longest track on the record at seven & a half minutes. It's a song I wrote way back in 1997 so it's been kicking around for close to 15 years, I always heard the song with a string section lifting it during the choruses but as we recorded I couldn't figure out how the hell I was going to get a string section down into the studio & how would I write it anyway??? So then a couple of weeks back I was chatting with my flatmate about the new music program he'd just installed on his PC. A light bulb went off.. "Can you duplicate any instrument?", "Yep", "a string section?", "Yep". Boom... So within an hour or two we had added a string section to the track. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of hearing something I had heard in my head for 15 years being played back to me, it was truly an emotional moment! Anyway, here it is in all it's string section glory. There's a false start at the beginning & there's still a lot to do but you'll get the gist..

Fallen by Martin Andrews

No comments: