Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Late Greats - Mojo Acoustic 12 Feb 2010

Played a cool set with Caleb on Friday night. We play under the name 'The late greats' which is taken from the Wilco track of the same name. It's about the coolest band that no-ones ever heard of, they've never even played a show. It's a take on the whole 'my musical taste is better than yours cause you've never heard of any of the bands I listen too...' attitude.

We played:
If I am a stranger - Ryan Adams
Goin to acapulco - Bob Dylan
Out on the weekend - Neil Young
To be young is to be free is to be high - Ryan Adams (Caleb solo)
Trouble - Ray Montague
Vampire blues - Neil Young
Come take me home - Ryan adams

It was fun being the support guy, I just played rhythm guitar & a few licks, a little backing vocal here & there. Funnily enough I was still a bit nervous beforhand due to Caleb's family all coming along due to he & his g/f Chloe heading to Melbourne. I wanted to support him well so he could show off a little in front of his crew. I think it went well, we got some good feedback & I certainly felt good up there playing. It made me realise how what a dissapointment it is that we're not going to play again. Nevermind, it was good while it lasted!

R.I.P The Late Greats
2009 - 12/02/2010


1 comment:

Crafty Tuesday said...

"my musical taste is better than yours cause you've never heard of any of the bands I listen to" teehee.. I like that :-)